Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Cherry Tree Project

When I moved into my apartment, I wanted to do something I hadn't been able to do in the past several places I've lived:  Paint something different.  So I borrowed a projector and hooked it up to my lappy.  Found a pic on a stock website and went to tracing it in pencil on the wall:


After tracing I went on to painting in with high gloss white.  Had I been more patient (and had more money for paint) I would have painted the wall a flat white first, to make the effect a bit more subtle.  But in the long run, I think it still looks great against the "apartment color" wall. :-)


Let me know if these pics don't work, I hotlinked from facebook so there's no telling.  I'll add more "professional" pics later - these came off my Droid X.


2 comments:

  1. That tree was a great idea- I noticed it in a later post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate that! :)

    ReplyDelete