The Dalek CostumeSure, it's only June, but I have a lot of work to do on the Dalek costume.
Last year's costume:
Dalek Costume Changes:
- Reattach / Re-secure bumpers that have popped off when I was moving to the new apartment
- Turn bottom half into a skirt
- Purchase a corset top in either black, blue, or both
- Buy a pair of Heelys (maybe)
- Lose weight (the most important part, lol)
The Kaylee Costume
My other costume, for days I feel like being a bit more relaxed, is Kaylee from Firefly. I threw together a costume for an event a couple weeks ago, and while it's ok, I'd like to re-do it for D*con. Here's a pic:
Changes for the Kaylee costume:
- Buy a new jumper - in green or brown.
- Use jumper to work on cars :D
- Remove patches from current jumper, add to new one
- Get a better matching shirt, preferably one a bit more breathable (this one was sweltering, and it's not gonna be much cooler out by September in Georgia).
A few other details.
Depending on savings, I will be staying with my buddy Jeffrey in Atlanta this year. He only lives a couple blocks from the con, and this is the view from his apartment:
So yeah, it's win-win. There is still a possibility I'll be staying with a couple friends in the Marriott, but we'll see. It really all depends on everyone's cash flow, and I still haven't bought my actual tickets for the con.