Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Forgiveness, even if you don't love me anymore"

All of the greatest religious leaders, across cultures, have preached the practice of forgiveness and tolerance in some form or fashion.  In my personal life lately I've felt a lot of anger growing inside.  Contrary to popular belief, I'm a very tolerant person.  More so in my relationships.  I've been told (in both a good and bad ways) that I put up with more than most women.  In this recent situation, it brought on my own undoing.  Left me feeling shattered and empty, and as time has gone by, angry.  Not even the asshole who sold me my car left me feeling this taken advantage of.


He is supposed to get his stuff from my apartment tomorrow.  I had written a very strongly worded letter telling him exactly how I feel and what I think, however, I think I will remove it from the box... because I don't have the energy for this anymore.


I am no longer that same angsty girl from 5 to 10 years ago.  Holding grudges and being angry depletes my energy.  Just getting myself wrapped up in news about North Africa drains me.  There is such a lack of tolerance in this world, because all of the space for tolerance is filled with hatred.


..and I REFUSE to contribute to that hatred and lack of understanding.


So, ex boyfriends of my life.  I forgive you.  All of you.  We may never be friends, we may never see each other, but if we do... well, I think Ms. Palmer Mrs. Gaiman sums it up nicely.



We'll raise high the white flags and bow heads and shake hands

Declaring the land we're on un-American 
We'll call it even.


No comments:

Post a Comment