Sunday, March 21, 2010

Horribly disturbing fashions - Part 1: Tops!

Is it just me or have womens "fashions" become terrifying? I'm not talking about the weird things you see on the runway or walking around the streets of Manhattan. The clothes I'm referring to are regular, ordinary clothes from stores like Target, Kohls, and even Wal-Mart.
Today we will focus on hideous tops.

First let's look at the first blouse from targets Blouses & Shirts section.

What the hell? Are we pirates now? Frills. As you will see, frilliness is the ongoing theme in current fashion. I don't like it, I don't get it, and I sure as hell wont wear it.

Next:

This came from the same page as the above photo. Plaid AND frilly also seems to be a recurring theme among todays designs for women. Also, the unique ability to make even the thinnest woman look pregnant. I have no issue with pregnant women, but lets face it... if you're not, you don't wanna look like you are. NOT HOT.

From the first page of Kohls' website:

This looks like something you'd issue to cult members. I will give it to Kohls... there is a major lack of frills AND plaid.

Then there was this:

I don't think I even have to say anything on this one.

As you can see all of these are shit. Women: We need to make a statement by refusing to wear this shit. Don't buy it just because it's there. Don't lose 75 lbs just to make some horrible clothing look ALMOST attractive. Fight back. Buy from thrift stores, buy online, ignore these stores until they start stocking something presentable.

Next week: Bottoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment